Remember to bring your own yoga mat, water bottle, slippers/shoes for indoor use and a little bag for your valuables. Make sure not to leave any valuables or expensive clothing or other belongings in the halls. Unfortunately, there could be thieves at the yoga festival.
Oslo Yoga festival is located at Sagene in Oslo. We utilize six rooms: four at Sagene Samfunnshus in Kristiansands gate 2 and two rooms at Sagene Kunstverksted/Kunstsmie in Drøbakgata 1 in Sagene (in the same block as Samfunnshuset (see map))
map of the ground floor at Samfunnshuset (the rooms Lakshmi, Kali, Parvati, Shiva and Krishna)
map of Kunstsmia (above Samfunnshuset) (Yoga market and the room Akasha)
map of the first floor at Kunstsmia (the rooms Buddha and Ganesh).
How to get there by car:
Take Uelandsgate from the center of Oslo and park on the street by Nordre Aker Cemetery.
From Ring 3, take the Maridalen/Teknisk museum exit, drive down Maridalsveien until it crosses Arendals gate at Bunnpris (on the right hand). Take a right passing Sagene Kirke. Park in Uelands gate by Nordre Aker cemetery.
How to get there by public transportation:
Take one of the following buses to Sagene: 20, 34, 37 or 54. Sagene Samfunnshus and Sagene Kulturverksted are right across the square/park by the bus stop, look for Nazar Cafè which is at the entrance to Sagene Samfunnshus. Bus 37 has departures every half hour all night and departures every 10 or 15 minutes during the daytime. Check www.ruter.no for more information.
Places to eat or buy food nearby
- Nazar cafè-bar at Sagene Samfunnshus serves international and Turkish food.
- In Arendals gata there is a Joker supermarket, Sagene Frukt og Grønt (fruits and vegetables), and around the corner there is Rema 1000 (Mogata) and Rimi (Maridalsveien).
- You can get coffee, tea, bread and baked goods at Kaffe Gram at Sagene bus stop and at Kaffebrenneriet at the corner of Stockfleths gate.
- There are also many restaurants: Pakstansk tandoori, Bamboo, Sagene lunsjbar at the corner of Maridalsveien/Arendalsgata and more…
- P-hotels in Grensen (bus 37)
- Anker hotel in Storgata (bus 34 and 54)
- A nice place to stay by Frogner Park is Villa Frogner Bed and Breakfast (bus 20)
- SAS hotel in Nydalen (bus 37)
- Hostels : Anker hostell i Storgata /Hausmanns gate (bus 34 and 54)
Are you arriving from out of town?
If arriving by train, get off at Oslo S and take the 37 bus outside of the main entrance of Oslo City. Get off at Sagene. If you are arriving by train from Drammen, get off at Skøyen and take bus 20 to Sagene
The yoga festival's email address is: email@example.com